Quick note: The next episode is our our 50th! To celebrate we want to hear from YOU! What does the podcast mean to you? How has it helped your career? Head on over to our contact page to leave a written comment or Audio snippet!
This week on the design review we share our workspace setups: desk, chair, apps, plugins, everything that helps us get r’ done.
(Full disclosure: Some of the following links are affiliate links because we like free money when we recommend stuff)
- Chris – Aeron chair – best chair ever
- Jon – Hated all my chairs so far
- Jon – Sit/stand desk
- Chris – Ditto, standing desks are great!
- Also lots of random doodles and calligraphy.
- At work, I have also a nice illustration from star wars force awakens
- Design nerd – I have Dieter Rams’ 10 principles of good design posted by my monitor
- Geeky toys and squeeze balls to play with
- Jon – Not much, Pen holder and a picture of my wife
- Dislike really nice note books, always feel nervous about what I put in there
- Printer paper
- Whiteboard with wheels
- Post its
- Rectangle postits
- Anything that I can draw on
- Chris – Ditto + sometimes even the ipad pro!!!!!
- Mechanical pencil
- Awesome Pen from Daiso Japan (Blue, Black, Red, Mech Pencil, all in one)
- Some nice ink pens
- Calligraphy pens
- Uniball pens
- Mechanical pencils
- Dry erase markers
- Jon: MacbookPro, Cinema Displays
- Chris: MacbookPro and 2 extra displays
- Jon – Apple Magic Keyboard & Mouse
- Chris – I’m a keyboard/mouse person; don’t like drawing tablets that much
- Just those plain old apple earbuds; i have airpods coming
- Water Bottle
- Dark Chocolate
- La Croix!
- We always tend to have lots of chocolate around (German stuff) or the real Haribo gummi bears.
- Podcasting stuffs
- Time telling device
- Jon- Cheap Casio FTW
- Chris – Apple watch and my iPhone
- Adobe CS
- Other usual company stuff
- Atom Editor
- GIF Brew
- Color Contrast Analyzer for Sketch
- Content Generator for Sketch
- Spell Check Whole Page
- Taskbar apps
- Browser plugins
- Capture Page
- Time management
- timing cube (Pomodoro technique)
- Postits on a physical scrum board that i made for myself
- Jon – Dashlane
- Me too, spotify. Sometimes my apple music library
- Sometimes medium, but it’s too hipster for me and I don’t like ranting about technology
- Notes.app (esp. on the ipad pro)
- My wordpress blog – ydsgn.wordpress.com
- Jon – Bookmark Link to create new google doc https://docs.google.com/document/u/1/create
- Chris – Espresso editor
- Sharing designs
- Jon – Invision
- Chris – Meetings, meetings, and more meetings
Have something to add to the conversation on this episode? You can leave us a message here, and we may use it on the show!
Big thanks to Lu for helping out with the show!
Other ways to listen…
Listen or subscribe to us on iTunes!
Listen to this episode on Soundcloud!
Here is an RSS feed for the show in case you need a podcast feed:
Thanks for listening!
You can also reach us on Twitter:
The whole entire show: @DR_podcast
So let us know what you think!
Tell us about yourself!
If we can get more sponsors, we’ll be able to do more with the show! To help us get more sponsors, it would help us out if you could fill out this very short survey on our listener demographics:
It just takes a few minutes and helps us reach out more companies!
How do you like the show so far?
Take the Design Review Survey of Awesome and let us know what you think of our show!